Why Canon Printer Offline in Mac?
Why does my Canon printer say offline? Is this what you have been thinking too? It may be helpful for you to know that there can be several causes of why your Canon printer says offline. In this part of the blog, we will tell you 4 causes of Canon printer offline among which the most usual one is the faulty network. Sometimes, your network connection may not be working appropriately. At other times, it may be working fine but the connection may not have been made correctly.
The second cause of the offline error is the option of “Use printer offline” in your system. When this option has been enabled, it may pause the printing status or make your printer offline. A printer driver not being installed correctly can be the third cause of this error. In addition to that, your device can be offline when the printer driver has been installed but is not the latest one.
How to Get Canon Printer Online on Mac?
Your Canon Printer in Offline, Want to know How to get Canon Printer Online on Mac. Is your Canon printer going off while printing over Mac? Sometimes, it might happen that whenever a user is connecting the Canon Printer to their Mac, then the Canon printer shows an offline message though it is actually not. Restarting the printer and Mac also doesn’t help in resuming online printing. This blog gives you a basic troubleshooting sequence and tips to get back the Canon printer online on Mac.
Whenever a Canon printer appears offline, you can’t send documents to your printer using Mac OS or Mac X OS. This Canon offline issue generally occurs when the printer is unable to print and communicate with the computer. These basic troubleshooting steps discussed in the next segment resolves offline printer notifications. If you using a Mac OS, an offline printer is marked by an exclamation mark inside of a triangle.
How to Fix Canon Printer Offline Problem in Mac?
If the Canon printer is offline in Mac due to a communication issue with your system. It can be due to the software or hardware. To fix this issue, we are going to share the complete step by step process. You just have to follow these steps:
- Open your search bar menu and search “Printers and Scanners” and select it.
- A new window will open named Printers & Scanners.
- You have to open your printer in the provided list and click on “Open queue”.
- Your selected printer window will be open.
- Click on the “Printer” icon at the top right corner of the window.
- Uncheck “Use Printer Offline”, if it is checked.
Steps To Getting Canon Printer Online On Mac
There are multiple ways apart from restarting to get Canon printer online back. All you have to do is to have a glimpse on the given points:
- First of all, check all the cable connections between your Canon printer and Mac. Make sure that none of the cables is loose and your Canon printer is turned-on
- Also, check out your printer’s tray for the paper jam. Confirm that your printer has enough paper and all papers are seated into the tray properly. If “low ink” message is displaying on the printer, then replace the “ink cartridges” immediately from the previews one
- In the next process, click on “Apple” menu and then opt for “Software Update” option to install all available updates
- After this, again tap on Apple menu and then choose “Restart” option from the drop-down menu
- Next, click on “System Preferences” that is present in Dock and then choose “Print & Scan” option. Now, double click on your printer from the printer list. By doing this, a yellow light will appear. Then tap on Resume button
- Press the key “Ctrl+P” from your keyboard to print a document and after this choose your Canon printer from the list
- If still, your Canon printer is not printing any document, then it’s time to reset printing system. Follow the following for this:
- First, click on Apple menu and then choose System Preferences from the drop-down menu
- Now, click on “Print & Scan” and then after press Ctrl key
- Next press right click simultaneously in the Printer list
- After doing this, a menu will pop-up from where you have to click on “Reset Printing System”
- Now, tap on “+” button and then add your Canon printer to Mac
- Now, after a few moments, Mac OS X will automatically download and install the latest software of your Canon printer.
Still Unable to Resolve Printer Offline Problem?
Don’t worry, if your printer still showing an offline message. Our certified technicians are live round the clock to help you. Contact via Phone number, chat or email, they will provide you instant solution. Hassle-freely make a call at Canon Printer Support Number and stay tuned with the techies. They will answer you in the easiest form so that you can do it on your own with following their instructions.